Monday, August 28, 2006

Musings...

Moments from a 3-hr waiting period at Chennai airport, not too long back...

- An NDTV special story on the telly, a month after blasts rocked Mumbai. Surprisingly, this was one news story I found it really touching. Sole breadwinners of families, from all walks of life...all their dreams wiped out in just one moment, in one dastardly act. It has made me believe more strongly in Bhagat Singh
- A businessman of Oriental origin watching Oldboy on his laptop in the airport lobby :-)
- A middle-aged lady in a burqa, dedicatedly doing namaz, in an isolated corner of the lobby. Amazing dedication, and sense of direction too :)
- A mallu announcer with a, well, strong accent!
- A big group of 30-40 somethings, waiting for their flight to Bangkok, chattering like excited kids. In dresses of all kinds - formal, casual, colourful...I still wonder why it did not reflect in my body language. Hell I had to be excited. One trip in jan canceled just a week before it was scheduled and I had to wait til lthis happened. I was much younger than them too. And I was in for a longer term than them, with more priveleges. Strange. Education does that to people?
- And of course, people staring at me as I was jotting down notes on a sheet of paper :)

Writing a personal diary can be so much more more fun than blogging. I think we should all try it sometimes. Put that keyboard away and take up your pen once in a while. Sure is fun!

3 scribbles:

Blogger silverine says...

Tried that and ended up up with an aching hand :(
People watching at the airport..a fav pastime too... :)

7:52 AM  
Blogger eV says...

I would think your “lack” of excitement can be attributed to the fact that you were not travelling in a group of people. How excited were you when you went to Thailand da? :)

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Ahem Other, excitement while going to Thailand !!!
Believe me, it had nothing to do with the company he kept then!!!!!
IT was the anticipation...

Hetro

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home