Monday, May 30, 2005

When you say...

..nothing at all...reminded of this awesome love song when i saw Antu's blog

The lyrics of this Ronan Keating/Boyzone song goes like this...

It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word, you can light up the dark
Try as I may I could never explain
What I hear when you don't say a thing


The smile on your face let's me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all


All day long I can hear people talking out loud
But when you hold me near, you drown out the crowd
Try as they may they can never define
What's being said between your heart and mine


The smile on your face let's me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all....

I think i have blogged about this earlier, but i dont mind blogging about it again.

Seriously feel this is one of the most enduring love songs of all time...beautifully captures what is communicated between two lovers when they sit in silence on the banks of a river, looking into each others eyes, hand in hand, oblivious to all that is happening around them, but still saying hell a lot to each other without speaking a single word...but they still cant explain what they are talking...awesome!

Reminds me of a scene, or rather a song, from a mallu movie Aniyathipravu (which was remade into Tamil as Kadhalukku Mariyadhai and Hindi as Doli Sajake Rakhna) At the beginning of the song, the friends of the hero give the two lovers a sheet of paper each, and ask them to take some time out individually to put to paper the feelings between them - the love they have for each other. Typical filmi ishtyle, a song begins - Ennum Ninne Poojikkam (Malayalam), Oru Pattam Poochi in Tamil and i thnk Kissa Hum Likhenge in Hindi. At the end of the song, in which we are shown scenes of the hero and heroine generally tryin hard to think what they will write about their beloved, comes the time for publishing the feelings...the friends intervene and grab a quick look at the sheets of paper. They are flabbergasted to find a totally blank sheet of paper delivered by both of them! Now that is what I call a representation of true love! Hats off to director Fazil for conjuring up such a scene...

0 scribbles:

Post a Comment

<< Home