Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Speed kills...

Speed kills coming down the mountain
Speed kills coming down the street
Speed kills with presence of mind and
Speed kills if you know what I mean
Got to feel - woke up inside again
Got to feel less broke more fixed
Got to feel when I got outside myself
Got to feel when I touched your lips
The things we do to the people that we love
The way we break if there’s something we can’t take
Destroy the world that we took so long to make

The people that we love (Speed Kills) performed by the band Bush, also part of the soundtrack in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2

Lot of ppl who have had the (mis)fortune of being my pillion have been scared to death with my supposedly maniacal driving the first time around...
They told me i was rash...
They told me i was too fast...
They told me i was a dangerous driver...
And on top of it I had a bike accident as a result of which I managed to fracture my left wrist while i was still in Term 2 @ IIMB...and my hand was encapsulated in a cast for some 45-50 days, as my wrist was near-detatched from the rest of my hand...
They now told me it would be a learning experience for me and i would control my driving habits the next time i drove...
It took me less than a week after my hand was in proper workin condition to prove them wrong!

Driving bikes is now a passion for me...more so since i discovered a bike which goes by the name of Yamaha RXG-135 (henceforth referred to as Yam)...

I still remember the first time I rode a Yam...was a trip to a Meenaxi temple some 4-5 km from the college...Being accustomed to 100cc bikes like teh splendour, the Yam was an eye-opener of sorts for me...thus began a love-affair with the Yam...

There are bigger, more powerful and better (in a lot of ways) counterparts now available in the Indian motorcycle market like the Pulsar, and the Yam offers poor competition, but it still remains my first love...

The handling offered by the bike is amazing, and so is the low seating position...the driving experience is unmatched...none of the bikes i have driven so far (from the Splendour to the Pulsar to the Boxer to the Fiero) have been able to provide this experience...

The bike offers a pathetic mileage (the 3 yr old vehicle on which i move around offers 25 kmpl), but who cares!

I still remember how i used to hate the Yam in my childhood days only because of its engine sound, which i then hated...and, ironically, the sound is one of the primary reason i now love the Yam! The Pulsar, though bigger and more powerful, does not offer this 'sound experience', and actually very few of the current bikes do...

Anyways, got the Yam serviced today for a solid 1350 bucks and the bike is now as good as new...cant wait to go out on a long ride on it...but still looking for that perfect partner... :-)

0 scribbles:

Post a Comment

<< Home